Crane Duty Helical Equipment Boxes
Satisfactory performance of the gearbox is dependent upon correct selection. The selection of a gear unit can be influenced by the course of duty of the crane that ought to be determined and specified. Single, Double and Triple stage Horizontal gear units type HA, HB and HC are suggested for Hoist and Long Travel drive. Three stage vertical equipment systems type VC are recommended for cross travel drives of the EOT crane. Assembly arrangement must be specified while ordering the gear units.
1. Compute the required reduction ratio.
2. Determine the horsepower necessary for the prime mover.
3. Refer to the rating table, observe in the ratio column and based on input rpm examine the gear box rating horizontally for various class of duty of the crane.
4. The size should be selected in a way that the rated HP is equal or more compared to the consumed HP.
1. Select a unit to transmit 9 HP from 720 rpm electric motor for hoist drive in a course II duty crane, the reduction ratio required is 31.50.
· For hoist drive a two stage horizontal gearbox type HB will end up being suitable.
· See the ratio column and in the size HB-350, for insight rpm of 720 in course II duty the rated HP is 9.5
· Because the consumed HP is usually 9, the machine HB-350 will end up being suitable.
2. Decide on a unit to transmit 3 HP from 960 rpm electric engine for cross travel drive in a course IV duty crane, the reduction ratio required is 14.26.
· For cross travel drive, a vertical gearbox type VC will become suitable.
· See the ratio column and in the size VC – 32Q, for insight rpm of 960 in course IV duty the ranked HP is 3
Have an interest regarding the crane duty helical gearbox?